Emerson Industrial Automation
Industrial Automation provides integrated manufacturing solutions to our customers at the source of manufacturing their own products. Products include motors, power generating alternators, power transmission solutions, fluid controls and materials joining equipment. Through these offerings, the Company brings technology and enhanced quality to the customer’s final product. Emerson’s products and technology solutions include:
- A broad line of drives and electric motors that are used in a wide variety of manufacturing operations and products, including production assembly lines, escalators in shopping malls and supermarket checkout stations.
- Power generation products that include low, medium and high voltage alternators for use in diesel and gas powered generator sets, as well as high frequency alternators, AC motor/generator sets, traction generators, wind power generators, wind turbine pitch control systems and solar photovoltaic converters.
- Power transmission products that include belt and chain drives, helical and worm gearing, gear motors, motor sheaves, pulleys, mounted and unmounted bearings, couplings, chains and sprockets.
- Fluid power and fluid control technologies that control and power the flow of fluids (liquids and gases) in manufacturing operations such as automobile assembly, food processing, textile manufacturing and petrochemical processing.
- Materials joining technologies and equipment, and metal welding and joining processes to a diversified manufacturing customer base, including automotive, medical devices and toys.
- Emerson’s majority-owned EGS Electrical Group joint venture with SPX Corporation manufactures a broad line of components for current- and noncurrent-carrying electrical distribution devices.
Service/trademarks and trade names within the Industrial Automation segment include Emerson Industrial Automation, Appleton, ASCO, ASCO Joucomatic, ASCO Numatics, Branson Ultrasonics, Browning, Control Techniques, Jaure, Kato Engineering, Kop-Flex, Leroy-Somer, McGill, Morse, Nutsteel, Power Transmission Solutions, O-Z/Gedney, Rollway, Sealmaster, SSB Wind Systems, System Plast and Trident.
SEGMENT (dollars in millions)
|Depreciation and Amortization Expense