Rosemount Analytical Model 56
Emerson Automation Solutions
+1 (512) 834-7214
Rosemount Analytical Model 56 dual-input analyzer features advanced control capabilities and a user-friendly interface that reduce the complexity of liquid analytical measurement.
IRVINE, CALIF. (August 17, 2011) – Emerson Process Management has released the Rosemount Analytical Model 56, an advanced dual-input liquid analyzer with the industry’s first high-resolution color screen. The Model 56 features extensive full-color trend graphics, advanced control capabilities, a high capacity data logger and audit trail event logger, and digital communications.
“These capabilities make the Model 56 appropriate for power, water treatment, pharmaceutical and food processing applications that require liquid analytical measurements and need advanced control capabilities,” said Dave Anderson, Marketing Director, Emerson Process Management, Rosemount Analytical. “Specific applications that would benefit from the advanced capabilities include: cooling towers in the power industry; reverse osmosis in the water treatment industry; wastewater treatment in the drinking water industry; clean-in-place in the food processing industry; and many others.”
Anderson continued, “The Model 56 provides an ease-of-use that hasn’t been possible until now. At the device and in the control room, the analyzer delivers extensive information about the process and its own functioning that is vital to operational decisions. Evaluation sites are already telling us that the Model 56 is going to make their life easier based on ease-of-use testimonials.”
Notable features of the new Model 56 include:
- A high-resolution, full-color screen with highly readable process measurement data, detailed user instructions, on-screen diagnostics and trouble-shooting information and full-color data trend graphics.
- Data and event logging capability providing extensive on-board data storage that captures measurement data for both channels every 30 seconds for 30 days, allowing on-screen trend display or download to a USB memory device. Up to 300 events are stored with real time/date stamps, including start-up times, calibrations, configuration changes, alarms, power interruptions, faults and more.
- 12-key alphanumeric keypad to support calibration, programming and tag entries.
The Model 56 provides four independent 4-20 mA outputs that can be configured for measurements or proportional, integral, derivative (PID) control. Four relays are provided with discrete capability including:
- Concentration control using high/low concentration alarms, relay timers or time proportional control.
- Event-based activation using bleed and feed, or totalizer-based activation.
- Time-based activation using an interval timer or two-week date-and-time timer.
To transmit data to the plant’s PLCs, SCADA or DCS systems, the Model 56 is supplied with either HART or PROFIBUS DP digital communications. HART communications versions 5 and 7 protocols are standard on all configurations. HART can also be easily commissioned onto a WirelessHART network using the Smart Wireless THUM Adaptor, enabling wireless transmission of process variables and diagnostics from hard-to-reach locations.
The modular design of the Model 56 allows the addition of a measurement channel on single input units and reconfiguration of field units with easy wiring and fast start-up. Quick Start programming screens automatically recognize each measurement input type and prompts the user to configure each sensor loop in just a few quick steps for fast commissioning.
The measurement capabilities of the new Rosemount Analytical Model 56 analyzer include single or dual-measurement of pH, ORP, ISE (Ion-Selective Electrodes), resistivity/conductivity, percent concentration, total chlorine, free chlorine, monochloramine, dissolved oxygen, gaseous oxygen, dissolved ozone, turbidity, pulse flow and temperature, and accepts and scales 4-20mA current input(s) from any device, powered or unpowered