October 25, 2016
New mobile applications and devices expand access to the digital intelligence needed to improve operational performance
Empowering today’s industrial workforce requires delivering the right information to the right experts, regardless of where they are. Emerson’s Always Mobile portfolio provides workers with the applications, tools and digital intelligence they need to monitor asset health, increase production and reliability and improve maintenance efficiency and plant safety, from wherever they work. Always Mobile™ solutions deliver secure, instant access to critical information in intuitive views that prepare personnel at all levels to more effectively make business-critical decisions and operate their facilities.
AMS Asset View
Emerson introduces AMS Asset View software, a dashboard and messaging application used to present asset health information on desktops, laptops, and mobile devices. An application connecting into the AMS ARES Platform, AMS Asset View’s persona-based views ensure that reliability personnel know the health of their assets in relevant time and always see the alerts they need to see, and only the alerts they need to see, so they can focus on asset conditions critical to production.
AMS Asset View provides the new mobile and connected worker an immediate view of what is happening in the plant from anywhere. Both the mobile and PC/laptop applications provide identical asset dashboards, creating a seamless transition from mobile device to computer. Users can collaborate by flagging assets and sharing messages, images, and documents, and with each action work together to resolve asset health issues more efficiently.
AMS Asset View focuses on delivering asset health status and alerts in relevant time, using a push alert mechanism to provide notifications that are pertinent to a user’s responsibilities and the criticality of an individual asset.
The AMS Asset View dashboard provides users with an instant bird’s-eye view of current asset
health. In addition, Asset View follows progressive disclosure design principles allowing users to drill down into the details as needed, giving a user full control over the level of data they need to receive to quickly resolve reliability issues.
- Delivers a holistic, secure view of critical and essential assets across the plant to anywhere key players are located, at any time.
- Communicates relevant information based on plant roles/responsibilities, defining the community by assigning roles based on asset class or site location.
- Displays standard KPIs (such as number of unread asset messages, flagged assets, unhealthy assets or assets in the watch list) on a common dashboard viewable from both PC/laptop and mobile device applications.
- Users can move quickly from viewing information in Asset View into applications for diagnosing developing faults and planning scheduled maintenance, such as AMS Machine Works or AMS Device Manager.
For more information, visit AMS ARES at the Emerson website.
The new DeltaV Mobile application allows process engineers, operators, and plant managers – wherever they are – to quickly and easily view personalized watch lists and receive real-time alarm notifications.
Fulfilling the promise of Emerson’s Always Mobile, DeltaV distributed control system users can remotely monitor their process and have the plant at their fingertips whenever they need it.
DeltaV Mobile is an intuitive, native mobile app experience that allows users to view real-time process data, historical trends, and alarms from multiple DeltaV systems and other plant data sources.
Integration with DeltaV allows users to leverage existing configurations to easily create watch lists, with no additional DeltaV configuration required. Powerful filtering capabilities ensure that users only receive the information that is specific to their needs. Collaborative features enable users to more efficiently diagnose and troubleshoot abnormal process situations—whether they are on site or in a remote location.
- Engineers, operators, and plant managers can maintain situational awareness beyond the operator console or control room by securely accessing plant data from a mobile device.
- Allows easy creation of personalized watch lists of process values and alarms, with no additional DeltaV configuration required.
- Provides real-time notifications of DeltaV alarms
- Delivers a premium mobile usability experience with powerful search and filtering capabilities that leverages existing DeltaV configurations.
- Collaborative features facilitate the sharing of real time and historical data, enhancing operations management.
- Displays alarm details and trending of related process data on the same screen, providing additional context to alarms.
- Users can view DeltaV data from multiple DeltaV systems, continuous historians, and other data sources from their mobile devices.
Download a demo version of DeltaV Mobile in the Apple App store.
Emerson announces Guardian Mobile, a mobile application delivering visibility of critical data for control, asset, machinery, and device monitoring systems. An element of Emerson’s Always Mobile, Guardian Mobile enables users to access their system health score for all associated systems from anywhere.
Featuring the most-popular tools as utilized by Guardian Support PC dashboard users, the app includes access to knowledge base articles, support history and lifecycle status. The application is expected to be available for release to mobile app stores in early 2017.
- Available for Android and iOS devices early 2017
- Delivers visibility into system health score for systems associated to an account
- Groups systems by location or product lines
- Search and view knowledge base articles
- Submit new supports call, update existing calls (including adding images), and keep track of support call history
- View and manage lifecycle status including Dell warranty dates
- Access report of licenses available and licenses assigned
- Uses a barcode scanner for access to shipment and warranty, model lifecycle, and return and dispositioning data
For more information on Guardian™ Support, visit Emerson’s Guardian webpage.
AMS Trex Device Communicator
The AMS Trex™ Device Communicator is a powerful handheld communicator for advanced diagnostics, configuration, and troubleshooting in the field, designed to improve the efficiency of the many tasks performed by maintenance technicians.
The Trex communicator increases productivity by enabling technicians to do more in the field—with a single tool. They can now perform simple issue resolution without device and production interruptions. Protected against moisture and extreme temperatures and with intrinsic safety certifications, the Trex communicator is certified to go anywhere a technician can go, with no need to shut a process down or get a hot work permit. Long-life batteries ensure that the communicator keeps working even through long days.
With a task-based graphical user interface built on human-centered design and a brilliant, large and full-color touchscreen display, the Trex communicator connects the ease found in consumer mobile devices with the rugged design required to survive harsh industrial environments.
The Trex communicator supports additional mobile applications, such as ValveLink Mobile, which allows technicians to configure and test valves inline, minimizing the impact on production.
- Technicians can quickly fix issues in the field with intuitive device dashboards, advanced diagnostics, and troubleshooting tips
- Improves efficiency with a modern, intuitive user experience that includes a larger display, touchscreen, and task-based UI
- Allows for easier loop health management using power the loop functionality and faster isolation of the root cause of loop issues
- Reduces the need to pull valves for service by configuring and testing valves inline
- Removes need to pull work permits for hazardous areas with an intrinsically safe device
- Works efficiency regardless of environmental conditions with an adjustable backlight and protection from rain/moisture
- Provides a multitude of connection options for easier data access
- Boasts a modern user experience in a rugged device built for an industrial environment
For more information, visit emerson.com/trex
Always Mobile supporting portfolio
The new Always Mobile solutions are the latest offerings in a long-standing foundation within Emerson of improving worker processes and productivity by providing process insight to mobile tools and devices.
- The AMS 2140 Machinery Health Analyzer enhances the efficiency of vibration analysis and maintenance technicians by delivering faster data collection for less time in the field with even more machines monitored. The AMS 2140 is ergonomically designed for comfortable, single hand operation all day long.
- AMS ATG View mobile application provides protection status, health data, alarm status of critical assets to PCs and mobiles devices anywhere on the plant’s Wi-Fi network. ATG View distributes data from the AMS 6500 ATG protection system.
- The 475 Field Communicator is a built-for-purpose handheld communicator that simplifies work enabling easier gathering of advanced diagnostics for valves and devices in the field.
Emerson’s Plantweb™ digital ecosystem is a next-generation industrial IoT portfolio that extends the power of automation beyond process control to the entire enterprise to enable Top Quartile performance. The ecosystem supports Emerson’s Operational Certainty program, which is designed to help companies improve earnings as much as 15 percent. It meets four critical needs to do this: real-time operating data across the business, secure transport of that data where it is needed, robust and scalable software applications to convert that data into actionable insights, and the domain expertise to make decisions and drive outcomes. Flexible, integrated and scalable, the Plantweb digital ecosystem features robust, real-time visibility from Pervasive Sensing™ technologies, protected by Secure First Mile™ connectivity. Applications including Plantweb Insight, Plantweb Advisor and the AMS ARES™ Platform provide embedded domain expertise across the enterprise. Emerson Connected Services offer secure cloud-based access to experts and analytics for real-time asset monitoring and performance optimization with no-to-low capital investment.