ST. LOUIS, February 15, 2016 – Technology from Emerson (NYSE: EMR) is helping Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) reinvent the minivan to appeal to today’s families with children by making it easier than ever to clean up the messes they make. An innovative Stow ‘n Vac integrated vacuum system, powered by RIDGID, is one of the many new features on the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica.
“One of the most frequent uses of our vacuums is cleaning out vehicle interiors, which at times can be inconvenient and cumbersome,” said Chad Severson, president of Emerson Tool Company, a business of Emerson. “With the new Stow ‘n Vac, powered by RIDGID, we’ve made cleanup inside a vehicle a whole lot easier and more accessible. We are very proud our technology was selected by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles for inclusion in the new Chrysler Pacifica minivan.”
Emerson engineers, working in collaboration with FCA engineers, designed the Stow ‘n Vac with the needs of family travelers in mind and with features that can best clean messes from children, pets, drive-through dinners, trips to the beach, and just plain life on the go.
Features of the Stow ‘n Vac, powered by RIDGID, in the Chrysler Pacifica include:
- Optimal convenience - Access at the second row, where messes often occur, makes cleaning of spills, crumbs, and litter faster and easier. No longer will the user have to dig out a vacuum, drag it to the car, and fight cords and hoses to clean up messes.
- Power – Industry-leading suction, powered by RIDGID, makes cleaning up quick and easy with best-in-class performance.
- Intelligently-designed hose - Expands from storage to reach the entire interior of the Pacifica, then retracts back into the trim when done.
- Fully integrated - A clean and stylish interior console stores the hose, accessories, and operational controls.
- Innovative drum and filter - The patented slide-out debris drum is easy to access for removal of collected dirt, pebbles, cereal, snacks, and game pieces. A clever filter design provides greater drum capacity, reducing the frequency of emptying.
The 2017 Chrysler Pacifica can be seen at auto shows and begins arriving at dealers in spring 2016.
RIDGID®, a business unit of Emerson, headquartered in Elyria, Ohio, is a leading manufacturer of innovative tools and equipment for the professional trades. The company’s broad offering of more than 300 types of tools serves the demanding needs of customers in the commercial, industrial and energy markets in over 140 countries. For more information, visit RIDGID.com or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Emerson (NYSE: EMR), based in St. Louis, Missouri (USA), is a global leader in bringing technology and engineering together to provide innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and consumer markets around the world. The company is comprised of five business segments: Process Management, Industrial Automation, Network Power, Climate Technologies, and Commercial & Residential Solutions. Sales in fiscal 2015 were $22.3 billion. For more information, visit Emerson.com.